A couple of weeks ago, I was driving on South Country Club Drive when on the right side of the road was a 4x8 political sign. It was tastefully done and expressed someone's support for the upcoming election.
This week, I drove by the same area only to see that someone had painted BLM across the sign. What's interesting is that the person seems to be uninformed regarding what this administration had done for the Africa-American community.
President Trump's administration:
- Signed into law the Preventing Maternal Deaths Act that helps identify solutions to reduce mortality rates among Black Americans
- Signed into law the First Step Act to help inmates return to society. It also expanded the discretionary sentencing for nonviolent crimes, addressed the inequities in sentencing and reformed mandatory minimums. Ninety percent of those benefiting are Black people.
- Increased funding for Black colleges and universities. The debt that was incurred by HBCU during Hurricane Katrina was forgiven.
Also under Trump's administration:
- Poverty rates for Black people reached their lowest rates in 17 years.
- Unemployment rates for Black people was at it's lowest rate ever.
- Three bills have been signed that established a commission to study issues Black males face.
- A law was signed that increases funding for childcare to help low-income families.
- Tax credits of 20-35 percent for child care was established.
To summarize, this administration has reduced unemployment rates to record lows, funded schools and Black colleges, created opportunity zones for underdeveloped communities and reduced taxes for all Americans.
What have the Democrats and BLM done to help the Black communities but destroy properties and put up road blocks to MAGA?