Breaking:School closings and weather-related announcements for Monday, Dec. 16, 2019
Today's Edition Local News Missouri News National News World Opinion Obits Sports GoMidMo Events Classifieds Jobs Newsletters Contests Search
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

MOSCOW MILLS, Mo. (AP) — Authorities say a Missouri mobile home fire that killed a 7-year-old boy apparently started in the area where a candle was burning after a power outage.

KSDK-TV reports that Jaxon Parks was found dead inside his grandmother's home early Saturday in Moscow Mills, about 60 miles (96.56 kilometers) north of St. Louis. Nine other people got out before firefighters arrived.

The Missouri State Fire Marshal's Office was called to investigate and determined the fire to be accidental. Power was out in the neighborhood and the candle was lit to provide light in the home.

Jaxon's father, Devin Parks, said he and his family had been staying at his parents' house to get back on their feet. He said he tried to save his son but couldn't find him.

 

COMMENTS - It looks like you're using Internet Explorer, which isn't compatible with our commenting system. You can join the discussion by using another browser, like Firefox or Google Chrome.
It looks like you're using Microsoft Edge. Our commenting system is more compatible with Firefox and Google Chrome.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT