Pink and white flowers are blooming on the trees, and soon, multi-colored plastic eggs will be dotting the lawns. It's time to gear up for Easter egg hunts, and in Mid-Missouri, there are plenty of options for children, adults and even the family pet.
Here's a rundown of some of the area's egg hunts. Know of any we missed, add them to the News Tribune calendar at www.newstribune.com/go.
• Holts Summit Easter Egg Hunt: 10 a.m., Holts Summit Civic Center, 282 S. Greenway Drive. The annual event hosted by the City of Holts Summit is open to those 10 and younger with staggered start times based on age.
• Easter Fun at Capital Mall: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., LabSpace Robotics, Capital Mall, 3600 Country Club Drive. At 11:15 a.m., ages 5 and younger will be able to hunt for eggs in the playground during LabSpace's free event. Easter crafts will also be available for all ages as well as a demonstration from the Helias Catholic High School robotics team.
• Building Community Bridges Easter Basket Giveaway and Egg Hunt: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Building Community Bridges, 213 E. Ashley St. Families are invited to a free community event where children 12 and younger receive and Easter basket. The egg hunt is open for all ages. The afternoon will feature multiple activities, free food and a DJ.
• Taos Easter Egg Hunt: 11 a.m., Taos Countryside Park, off Route M. The hunt is open for children ages 1-10. Food and drinks will be provided.
• Grace Lutheran Easter Egg Hunt: 11:30 a.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 618 Halifax Road, Holts Summit.
• Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Easter Egg Hunt: 3-4:30 p.m., Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, 7804 Heritage Highway. The church's free event features snacks, games and of course the egg hunt.
• Main Street Baptist Church Easter Egg Hunt: noon, Main Street Baptist Church, 303 W. Main St., California.
• Pup Easter Egg Hunt: 12:30-3 p.m., Fulton Dog Park, Brookside Drive, Fulton. Sponsored by the Spay Neuter Initiative Program and Microchip Clinic, the dog-friendly event features an egg hunt, grand prize baskets and pictures with the Easter Bunny. The hunt will be divided into two sessions based on dog size. Tickets are $5.
• First Baptist Church's Community Easter Egg Hunt: 3-4 p.m., Memorial Park, Business 54, Fulton.
• Wesley UMC Easter Egg Hunt: 9:30-10:30 a.m., Wesley United Methodist Church, 2727 Wesley St.
• Premium Pets Easter Egg Hunt: 10 a.m.-noon, Premium Pets Natural Pet Market and Grooming, 700 E. McCarty St. Premium Pets' egg hunt will benefit the children at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. In addition to the egg hunt, donations will enter you into a Golden Egg Drawing for addition prizes. Easter baskets with pet-friendly treats will be available for $25.
• Jefferson City Jaycees Easter Egg Hunt: 11 a.m., Memorial Park, 111 Memorial Park Drive. The Jaycees and the Jefferson City Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department are co-sponsoring the 35th annual egg hunt at Memorial Park for ages 0-9. It costs $1 per child to participate, and funds go toward community projects in Jefferson City.
• Kids Painting Party and Easter Egg Hunt: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., North Jefferson City Recreation Area pavilion, 927 Fourth St. Muttz to Miracles rescue and rehabilitation center is offering an egg hunt starting at 11 a.m. followed by a painting party at 12:30 p.m. The nonprofit will provide desserts, refreshments, candy-filled eggs and washable paint. Activities require a $15 donation to the animal rescue center; it's $10 each for two or more children.
• Family Worship Center Egg Hunt: noon-1 p.m., Family Worship Center, 701 S. Second St., Versailles. The family event features free hot dogs, chips and a soda along with the egg hunt for ages 1-12.
• Doggie Easter Egg Hunt: 2-4 p.m., North Jefferson City Recreation Area fields, 927 Fourth St. PawfinessewithJess is hosting the dog-friendly event complete with treats and refreshments for pets and their humans. A $5 donation is asked for participation or $10 for refreshments. Funds benefit the Muttz to Miracles.
• Hickory Hill Baptist Church Easter Egg Hunt: 5 p.m., Hickory Hill Baptist Church, 12729 United Road, Eugene. Free hot dogs and photos are offered at the church event.
• Trinity Lutheran Continental Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt: 9:30 a.m., Trinity Lutheran Church and School, 803 Swifts Highway. Breakfast in Fellowship Hall will follow the 8 a.m. church service, and the egg hunt gets underway at 10 a.m. in the lower parking lot for children in fifth grade and younger.
• Our Savior's Lutheran Church Easter Egg Hunt: 10 a.m., Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 1529 Southwest Blvd.
• First Presbyterian Church Easter Egg Hunt: 10:45 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 324 Madison St. Following its regular 9:30 a.m. worship service, the church is offering an egg hunt the same time it usually holds Sunday School. Earlier that morning, a sunrise service is planned for 6:30 a.m. at the Carnahan Memorial Garden, and a continental breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. at the church.
• Adult Easter Egg Hunt: 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Shawnee Bluff Winery, 2430 Bagnell Dam Blvd., Lake Ozark. Buy a glass or bottle at the winery for a chance to win a golden egg prize and participate in the adult egg hunt.