An electrical problem was the cause of a fire that destroyed a home Sunday morning in Cole County, according to fire officials.
According to Cole County Fire Protection District reports, the fire at the home in the 2500 block of Turley Lane, off of Route C, was called in just after 10 a.m.
The residents were not home at the time of the fire.
Firefighters had to lay a half-mile of hose to fight the fire because the house was located far from a water source.
Mutual aid was requested, and approximately 30 firefighters from several other fire districts departments responded.
It was later determined that the fire started in a fuse panel area.