The Osage Beach Fire Marshal announced that a blocked vent and subsequent ignition of a plastic container started a fire that heavily damaged Dorsey's Pit Stop restaurant early Sunday morning.
According to the fire marshal, the investigation found that a storage container had blocked the vent of a freezer. The blocked vent caused the compressor of the freezer to overhead and ignited a plastic container.
Just before 1:30 a.m., units from the Osage Beach Fire Protection District responded to a structure fire at Dorsey's Pit Stop, 5682 Alona Point.
Upon arrival, firefighters discovered the restaurant heavily involved in flames. It took approximately 90 minutes to bring the fire under control.
They were able to contain the fire to the kitchen, bar and storage area and prevent it from spreading to the dining area. There were around eight employees in the building at the time of the blaze; all escaped unharmed.
Damage is listed at $350,000.
Approximately 23 personnel with four engines, one ladder truck and three chief officers responded to the incident. Lake Ozark Fire Protection District, Mid- County Fire Protection District, Camdenton Fire Department, Osage Beach Police, Osage Beach Ambulance and Ameren Missouri assisted Osage Beach Fire Protection District units.
Fire crews were on the scene for four hours.