Your Opinion: Parental involvement benefits education
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
I am a parent of two boys. I take full responsibility for their behavior. I think parent involvement in behavior problems at school is crucial to children learning respect for authority.
I think we have to be careful playing the blame game as to why they do what they do. I know that trying to fit all children in a tight little box of how we want them to learn can cause a lot of problems.
I believe teachers are given a huge job. One teacher in a classroom shouldn’t be the norm. As preschoolers its 10 to 1. Why the big jump when they go to public school?
More like this story
- Fulton School Board candidates share thoughts on Fulton schools
- Camdenton R-3 Schools leaders in the making
- Setting Children Up For Success: Laying foundation for a child's development
- Parents, teachers sound alarms over poor discipline, morale in JCPS
- Be a good sport ... And parents, we’re not just talking to the kids