JC Postal Service hiring temporary workers
Saturday, July 5, 2014
The U.S. Postal Service’s Jefferson City office has launched an online application site for city carrier assistants, who help sort and deliver the mail.
Training is provided, and no experience is required.
Jason Hirschvogel, the new postmaster, said in a news release announcing the applications process: “We’re looking for motivated applicants. “These positions start out as temporary positions, but can lead to career positions for people who are dedicated.”
CCAs are part of a supplemental workforce that holds temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Re-employment is possible, after at least a five-day break.
Hirschvogel said people interested in applying should complete the online applications available at www.usps.com/employment.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
Duties and requirements for the CCA position include:
• Sorting, collecting and delivering mail on foot and/or by vehicle under a variety of weather conditions.
• Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive customer service experience.
• Carrying up to 35 pounds in a shoulder satchel, with occasional lifting up to 70 pounds.
• Working variable hours, up to six days a week.
• Being at least 18 years old and not enrolled in high school.
• Passing a criminal background check and a drug screening.
• Having a valid driver’s license, continually for at least two years, and a good driving record.
• Being a U.S. citizen or having a permanent, resident alien status.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting