Fire damages home
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
A fire on a stove caused an estimated $10,000 in damage to a Jefferson City home Monday night.
Fire department reports show the fire at 501 Schumate Chapel Road was called in around 8:34 p.m.
The fire occurred in a basement kitchen and moved from the stove onto nearby walls, but firefighters were able to get to the scene and contain the blaze to this area.
There was smoke damage throughout the home, but no injuries were reported.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting