Poll: Should Jefferson City council members be paid?
Friday, March 29, 2013
The Jefferson City Council will discuss a proposal to nearly eliminate the pay for city elected officials, but whether the bill will gain momentum is questionable.
One Jefferson City council member is looking at reducing the salary earned by elected officials. Should the City Council and mayor get paid for their time?
- Yes, they deserve a monthly stipend 43%
- No, but they should get reimbursed for any expenses 41%
- Yes, and it should be expanded to those who serve on boards and commissions 2%
- No, they should not get a stipend or reimbursed for any expenses 12%
- Other (please tell us in the comments!) 1%
169 total votes.
At the City Council meeting Monday night, the bill to reduce the salary of council members and the mayor to $1 per year will be introduced. The bill is sponsored by 3rd Ward Councilman Bryan Pope, who will leave the council next month.
Read the full story, "Council to discuss pay of elected officials."
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting