Missouri seeks best pictures, videos of rural life
Thursday, March 14, 2013
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri officials are hunting for the best pictures and videos depicting life in rural communities.
The state Agriculture Department’s fourth annual Focus on Missouri Agriculture contest runs through July 1. It asks amateurs photographers of all ages to share their favorite moments.
Participants may enter up to three photos in each of five categories: The Beauty of the Farm, Faces of the Farm, The Farming Life, The Pride of the Farm and — for those 12 and younger — The Children’s Barnyard.
Entries will be judged on visual impact, creativity, memorable content and image quality. Winners will be announced during the State Fair.
More like this story
- Two USDA offices to close in Central Missouri region
- Missouri getting rural electric ugrades
- Jefferson City school academies get rolling
- Missouri Department of Agriculture taking photo contest submissions
- Gov. Nixon names Harrison County farmer Richard Fordyce as director of the Department of Agriculture
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting