Blair Oaks places eight in district semifinals
Friday, February 8, 2013
VERSAILLES, Mo. — The Blair Oaks Falcons have eight wrestlers in today’s semifinals in the Class 1 District 2 Wrestling Tournament.
• Frankie Falotico at 120 pounds. The freshman had a bye before winning by fall in :51 against Logan Perrodin of El Dorado Springs.
• Payton Lackman at 126. After a bye, the senior won by fall in 2:35 against Josey Smotherman of El Dorado Springs.
• Alex Gaydos at 132. The sophomore opened with a win by fall in :38, then took an 11-5 decision from Tayje VanVoorst of Butler in the quarterfinals.
• Logan Mudd at 138. The junior won twice by fall Friday, opening with a victory in 1:28 before disposing of Dustin Young of Sherwood in :26.
• Brad Thomas at 145. After a bye, the senior won 8-3 against Jordan Silvey of Versailles.
• Zach Barlow at 152. After a bye, the senior won by technical fall against Haden Harper of El Dorado Springs.
• Eli Roberts at 182. The senior received a bye, then won by fall in 1:02 against Tex Shelly of Versailles.
• John Karsten at 220. The senior won by fall in 1:16 against Charles Walsh of Tipton after getting a first-round bye.
Dylan Bischoff (106), Tanner Lueckenhoff (170), Corbin Singer (195) and Austin Wilbers (285) are all still alive in the wrestlebacks for the Falcons.
Blair Oaks is second in the team standings with 50.5 points. Seneca is first with 52, while Holden (49.5), Knob Koster (47.5) and Adrian (42) round out the top five in the 14-team tournament.
Action resumes at 10 a.m. today. The top four finishers in each weight class move on to the Class 1 state tournament beginning Thursday at Mizzou Arena.