Black Friday rolls through Lake of the Ozarks area stores
Sunday, December 1, 2013
The Lake of the Ozarks has long been a Black Friday shopping destination. For shoppers like Beth McCracken, it’s a tradition.
McCracken, of Greenville, Ill., has spent Thanksgiving — and Black Friday — at the Lake with friends for the past seven years; and the shopping is always serious.
“We’ve been going since 5 p.m. yesterday,” she said as she left Walmart in Osage Beach around 8:30 a.m. Friday morning, arms loaded with discounted LEGO sets for her children’s Christmas gifts. “This by far was the best deal yet.”
McCracken and friends had already made their way through Target and the Osage Beach Premium Outlets, and were on their way to check out the more locally owned businesses at The Landing.
Some stores opened earlier than ever this year at 6 or 8 p.m. Thanksgiving night. The Osage Beach Premium Outlets held its annual Midnight Madness sale event, but some of its 110 stores opened as early as 8 p.m. as well.
The shopping was steady at smaller businesses like The Landing’s Shabby Chic Boutique as well, with shoppers making morning visits to the store even while sales at larger chain stores were still going, said store owner Brenda Cribb.
Accompanying photo: Shoppers look for deals
More like this story
- Lake residents can shop ’til they drop
- Lake Area Chamber monthly social held Tuesday at The Hideout Bar and Grill
- Osage Beach Premium Outlets® is teaming with Susan G. Komen for the Cure® to support breast cancer awareness
- Jimmy & Starla Queen provide entertainment at Osage Beach Premium Outlets Saturday
- Osage Beach Premium Outlets team up with two local stores to collect donations for CADV
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting