Mo. secretary of state promotes public libraries
Friday, August 23, 2013
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander is promoting the state’s public libraries as the school year resumes.
Kander says the start of the academic year is a good time to remind children and teens about library resources. He says there are numerous opportunities for learning through librarians, books and community events.
The secretary of state’s office is responsible for the Missouri State Library, which provides technology grants and resources to public libraries throughout Missouri.
More like this story
- Kander awards grant to Moniteau County Library
- Kander awards service and programming funds to the Moniteau County Library to improve and develop library service
- Official: Firms should report political spending
- Library receives grant to replace microfilm reader
- Kander reorganizing secretary of state’s office
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting