Falcons to face Pintos in Tri-County Conference clash of state-ranked teams
Originally published September 27, 2012 at 6:57 p.m., updated September 27, 2012 at 11:53 p.m.
WARDSVILLE, Mo. — On Friday, the Blair Oaks Falcons will be looking to do something nobody’s done against California this season — score a touchdown against the Pintos’ first-team defense.
California has outscored its first five opponents 203-26, with seven of those points coming on a special-teams touchdown and the rest against the reserves.
So while Blair Oaks’ high-octane offense will be looking to keep pace with California’s potent attack, they’ll also have to overcome the Pintos’ tough defense.
“Style-wise, they’re very similar to what we do (on defense) in that they attack you with speed,” Blair Oaks coach Brad Drehle said. “They’re playing man coverage all over the place and they’ve forced a lot of turnovers. ... Those kids are obviously playing with a lot of confidence and they’re playing very fast, and they’ve got to tackle well in order to do that.”
More like this story
- Blair Oaks’ defense will need strong effort against Versailles
- Lady Falcons end Lady Pintos' title streak
- Osage’s passing game of concern to Blair Oaks’ secondary (with PODCAST)
- Blair Oaks to host California in state-ranked battle [with PODCAST]
- Blair Oaks, Eldon look to continue recent ways (with PODCAST)
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting