Homemade bomb by 11-year-old sparks concern
Thursday, September 13, 2012
DES PERES, Mo. (AP) — An 11-year-old St. Louis County boy has been turned over to juvenile authorities after making a crude explosive device that caused a brief scare at a police station.
KMOV-TV (http://bit.ly/QWEYe7 ) reports that parents of the boy discovered their son had made a bomb of flammable liquid in a plastic bottle. Unsure what to do with it, the parents took it to the Des Peres Police Department.
Officers realized the bomb posed a risk so they called in the fire department’s hazmat unit, which diffused the device.
Police say the boy told them he learned how to make the bomb on the Internet.
Information from: KMOV-TV, http://www.kmov.com
More like this story
- Holts Summit Police discovers five young individuals involved in explosive-related crime
- Two juveniles identified in Camdenton High School bomb threat Nov. 27
- Utah teens arrested in alleged school bombing plot
- Holts Summit police: Five suspects involved in explosive-related crime
- Police: Teen plotted to kill family, bomb schools
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting