Lincoln men open basketball season today at SIUC
Originally published October 27, 2012 at 1 a.m., updated October 27, 2012 at 1 a.m.
There are lot of questions to be answered for the Lincoln men’s basketball team.
When you bring in eight new players and lose six of your top seven scorers from a 4-22 season, that’s to be expected.
The Blue Tigers will begin to find answers today when they travel to play Southern Illinois University Carbondale in an exhibition game at 7 p.m.
“This is a great basketball feeling right now for the first time in a long time for me, where I really feel good going into the season,” Lincoln coach John Redmond said. “We have opportunities and people in the right places. I feel like we can contend. A lot of people the past couple years have out-manned us in different positions. I think we’ve got some recruits in here that can really help us.”
More like this story
- Blue Tigers get under way with three games, including today’s season opener
- Lincoln men lose exhibition basketball contest
- Coach likes look of LU men’s basketball team (VIDEO)
- Practice makes perfect for Lincoln University assistant women’s basketball coach
- Blue Tigers release men’s basketball schedule
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting