Mo. transportation officials promote road safety
Monday, October 15, 2012
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri officials are watching for aggressive motorists and unsafe truck drivers.
The state Department of Transportation says law enforcement agencies plan to pay special attention to safety regulations for commercial vehicles and to unsafe and aggressive motorists.
State transportation officials urge motorists to put down phones and pay attention while driving and to avoid the blind spots of larger trucks. Motorists also are urged to stay back from trucks’ bumpers and to use headlights — particularly when the weather is bad.
More like this story
- US DOT Prohibits Interstate Commercial Truck & Bus Drivers From Using Mobile Devices While Driving
- Our Opinion: Expansion of ‘move over’ law deserves signature
- Our Opinion: Watch for highway striping operations
- Our Opinion: Highway fatalities drop — again
- NTSB: States should ban cellphones while driving
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting