Blair Oaks prepares to host Versailles
Originally published October 11, 2012 at 5:08 p.m., updated October 11, 2012 at 5:08 p.m.
WARDSVILLE, Mo. — If you think this week of the high school football season seems to have an odd feel to it, you’re not the only one.
That’s because this is the first year of a new playoff system in Missouri, and this would normally be the week where the postseason began.
But instead of the energy reaching a fever pitch this week, there’s still two more games to go before teams begin district play.
“It’s almost anticlimactic,” Blair Oaks coach Brad Drehle said. “Normally at this time of year, we’re talking about the preseason being over and this is the first game of districts and these are the ones that count. If you were 0-7 or you were 7-0, it didn’t matter. The idea was this ....
More like this story
- Winkleman has Falcons’ attention (with PODCAST)
- Blair Oaks looks for victory against Hallsville (with PODCAST)
- Preparing for Hermann, Blair Oaks knows next loss likely will end year
- Blair Oaks prepares for triple threat from Southern Boone (with PODCAST)
- Blair Oaks to open districts against Father Tolton (with PODCAST)
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting