JC firefighters work early morning apartment fire

A fire early Friday morning at an apartment building in Jefferson City was caused by unattended cooking.

Jefferson City Fire Department reports show the fire at 1730 Tanner Bridge Road was called in around 3:47 a.m.

The female occupant of the apartment had fallen asleep and called the 911 Center to say she couldn’t get out.

The building was evacuated, firefighters made entry into the apartment and got the woman out of her bedroom.

The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the apartment.

Although there was some smoke damage in other parts of the building, no other apartments were damaged and residents were allowed to return to their apartments.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments