Senior headed for big city
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Growing up in Jefferson City, Brian Oxenhandler knew he would attend a college far away.
“I love the bright lights and hustle and bustle,” Oxenhandler said. After visiting New York City twice in the last year, “it’s so true, you can hear the heartbeat of the city,” he said.
Only blocks from notable places like Greenwich Village and Union Square is Eugene Lang College: The New School for Liberal Arts in New York City.
“It’s a really artsy, avant-garde, liberal school with a new-age learning atmosphere,” Oxenhandler said. “I am ready to go there, to learn new things, to see the world, to get a dose of different.
“I love Jefferson City, but I’m ready to try some new stuff.”
More like this story
- Romantic European tradition finds new home in capital (VIDEO)
- Helias team competing in national academic tournament
- Naval Academy experience provides local veteran career opportunities
- Kyle Trimble knew early Jefferson City and the family funeral home were his future
- Is education really making the grade?
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting