Know where to cast your vote
Changes to several wards and precincts in Jefferson City and Cole County
Sunday, May 6, 2012
New polling places for some voters in Cole County have been announced by County Clerk Marvin Register now that redistricting has been completed.
Register presented the list to the Cole County Commission this week and noted despite location changes, there are still 36 voting precincts in the county.
In Jefferson City, the changes include:
• Ward 2 precinct 2 has been renamed ward 2 precinct 1 and will vote at Miller Performing Arts Center at 214 East Miller Street.
• Ward 2 precinct 4 has been renamed ward 2 precinct 2 and will vote at Christian Fellowship Church at 600 Beck Street.
• Ward 3 precinct 2 will now vote at Wesley United Methodist Church at 2727 Wesley Drive.
• Ward 3 precinct 3 will now vote at Jefferson City Bible Chapel at 2804 Sue Drive.
• Ward 3 precinct 4 will now vote at St. Joseph’s Cathedral Undercroft at 2215 West Main Street.
• Ward 3 precinct 5 will now vote at Hawthorn Bank at 3600 Amazonas Drive.
• Ward 4 precinct 1 will now vote at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church at 1529 Southwest Boulevard.
• Ward 4 precinct 2 will now vote at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church at 1529 Southwest Boulevard.
• Ward 4 precinct 3 will now vote at Runge Nature Center, one-half mile north of U.S. 50 on Missouri 179.
• Ward 4 precinct 4 will now vote Capital West Christian Church Event Center at 1315 Fairgrounds Road.
• Ward 5 precinct 2 and most of ward 5 precinct 1 have been combined and named ward 5 precinct 1. That precinct will now vote at McClung Park at 931 McClung Park Drive.
• The remaining part of the old ward 5 precinct 1 has been combined with the old ward 5 precinct 3 and is named ward 5 precinct 2. Voting will be at McClung Park at 931 McClung Park Drive.
• Ward 5 precinct 5 has been combined with ward 5 precinct 4 and has been renamed ward 5 precinct 3. It will vote at Moreau Heights School at 1410 Hough Park Street.
• Ward 4 precinct 1 and part of ward 4 precinct 4 have been combined and moved into ward 5. This new area has been named ward 5 precinct 4 and will vote at Community Christian Church at 409 Ellis Boulevard.
In Cole County, a new precinct named Binder Lake has been added to the Jefferson Township. Part of the Scott Station and the Apache Flats precincts have been combined to make the new Binder Lake precinct. That precinct will vote at Concord Baptist Church at 3724 West Truman Boulevard.
The polling place for Jefferson Township Scott Station Precinct has been moved to Masonic Temple 43 A.F. & A.M. at 3211 Masonic Court.
New voter registration identification cards are going out this week and Register says if registered voters don’t get a new card by May 10, they should call his office at (573) 634-9101.