Making your own baby food can be simple, beneficial for mom and baby
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Cooking dinner already seems like a daunting task after a day of work.
Picking up and dropping off kids and the heap of laundry waiting to be done only adds to the stress that an evening with a home-cooked meal can add.
As many parents struggle to provide the best quality food for their families, many wish they had the time to prepare the freshest foods for their youngest, said Denise Coots, a registered and licensed dietitian with St. Mary’s Health Center.
“Making your own baby food can be as big of a production — or as little of a bother — as you want it to be,” Coots said, noting it is becoming more popular for moms to make their own baby food.
More like this story
- Baby Bonanza aimed at new and expectant moms
- Your Opinion: Require mandatory labeling for foods containing GMOs
- Chef adds dash of health in recipe for good living
- Holiday Survival Guide: It’s a traditional Christmas at the Lake
- Fulton Public Schools students offer tips for Thanksgiving, celebrate the holiday
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting