Grammy-winning group offers tips to music students
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Hundreds of young vocalists filled the Miller Performing Arts Center on Friday afternoon, hoping to take away tips from masters of song. Before Chanticleer performed Friday evening as part of the Jefferson City Concert Association’s season, three of the visiting group's members led a workshop for three local ensembles.
Listening in to the critiques of the Helias Catholic High School and Jefferson City High School choirs were choir students from Thomas Jefferson and Lewis and Clark middle schools, and from Moreau Heights, North and Thorpe Gordon elementary schools.
More like this story
- Our Opinion: Sharing the gift of song this season
- California High School Band and Choir Members Prepare for District Competition
- Group celebrates sesquicentennial with Civil War era music
- CHS students receive top ratings at Tri-County Music Contest
- Cantorum to celebrate movie, Broadway hits Saturday
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting