Snapshot: Jamie Reed, veterans service officer
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Jamie Reed loves reaching out to veterans and helping connect them with the veterans service officer within the Missouri Veterans Commission. As the commission’s outreach specialist, Reed’s job is to ensure a veteran’s service officer can attend veterans events across the state.
“We are gearing up for our biggest event,” Reed said. “The State Fair. Last year, we spoke with 4,500 people and helped connect 700 people with a veteran’s service officer to help them find benefits.”
Reed says she spends at least two weekends a month working with veterans and their families at Yellow Ribbon events. Reed said all deployed Guard and Reserve service members must attend a Yellow Ribbon program before and after their deployment.
More like this story
- Missouri Veterans Commission to move to Osage Beach City Hall in 2014
- Perspective: Honoring our men and women on Veterans Day
- Camdenton VFW Post begins construction on new The Bunker Bar & Grill and Community Room
- After spotlight, Ferguson faces a challenging road forward
- Retired Guardsman continues service to fellow veterans
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting