Architect sought for JC multipurpose building
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
The Jefferson City Parks and Recreation Commission is moving forward with plans for a multipurpose building, issuing a request for qualifications from 30 architectural firms.
According to the request, the commission is looking at a facility “in the 40-50,000 square foot size range” with “a gymnasium fieldhouse type structure” with three to four basketball courts and six to eight volleyball courts. The facility also should have the “ability to reconfigure areas to accommodate amateur theatrical/musical day camps/productions and the booking of traveling performers/concerts and tradeshow type events simultaneously with athletic game court usage.”
More like this story
- Riverside Park eyed for multipurpose building
- Architect selected for multipurpose building
- Parks and Rec officials seek to make most of budget for multipurpose building
- Parks and Rec closer to picking architect for multipurpose building
- Officials hope to select site for multipurpose building this summer
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting