Blunt pushes for property rights, job creation
Thursday, January 5, 2012
U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Missouri, made two Mid-Missouri stops on Wednesday to speak about topics including job creation and Lake of the Ozarks shoreline management.
In Lake Ozark, he pushed for his “Supporting Homeowners Rights and Property Act” bill, which would restrict the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) control over shoreline development there.
He also wants to restrict FERC’s funding if the agency attempts to enforce an order it issued to Ameren Missouri last fall.
Blunt said Tuesday he believes FERC has now backed off its original stand on the issue.
More like this story
- Blunt says he will not back off his call for restrictions on FERC’s ability to control shoreline development at Lake of the Ozarks
- Hartzler’s attack on FERC regulations at Lake of the Ozarks prompts Golden Turkey award
- Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler writes legislation to stop FERC intervention in shoreline issues
- Legislators urge FERC to reconsider
- FERC order generates response
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting