Women in Construction celebrating anniversary
Monday, September 26, 2011
The Central Missouri Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a dessert social at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 27 at the Builders Association of Missouri.
On Aug. 10, 1991, 25 women employed within the Missouri construction industry chartered the Central Missouri Chapter of NAWIC to give women following a non-traditional career path a network of support and education to be successful.
The chapter has raised money for annual scholarships to students studying in a construction-related field; completed a $25,000 endowment to Linn State Technical College Foundation for scholarships; completed a woman-built Habitat for Humanity home; hosted the annual Mother/Daughter Construction Career Days; sponsored the annual Block Kids building block contest; sponsored events for the Capital City Boys and Girls Club; and supported its members through education, seminars and networking.
More like this story
- GL P.E.O. celebrates 75 years
- Callaway Board of Associates celebrates 50th anniversary
- Missouri American Water Announces Scholarship Award Winners
- Columbia College - Lake of the Ozark students inducted into Sigma Beta Delta
- Nine Columbia College - Lake of the Ozark students inducted into Sigma Beta Delta
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting