U.S. 54 traffic to use temporary bypass during construction at Lake
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Motorists traveling on U.S. 54 through Camden County will be directed onto a temporary bypass near the Lake of the Ozarks starting Friday, weather permitting.
One lane in each direction will be open to traffic in the bypass area, which is located between Key Largo Road and Route Y.
The bypass will be in place for approximately one month while crews work on connecting the new U.S. 54 Expressway to the existing highway.
During this time, westbound traffic will be redirected onto one eastbound lane for approximately 1,000 feet.
The speed limit through the area will be reduced to 45 m.p.h.
Motorists should also be prepared for additional lane closures and temporary traffic shifts in the upcoming weeks as the contractor continues work on the new expressway, which is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
More like this story
- New U.S. 54 Expressway Opens to Traffic on Thursday in Camden County
- Parts of lake expressway opening this week
- All U.S. 54 Traffic Switching to Eastbound Grand Glaize Bridge in Camden County
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri September 7-16
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Feb. 9-18
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting