Experts: Preschools can bolster social, academic skills of a child
Sunday, May 15, 2011
School will soon be out for the summer, but if you have 3- and 4-year-olds at home, summer is the perfect time to consider preschool options for next fall.
We spoke with area experts — moms, child-development professionals, early childhood educators, kindergarten teachers — to learn the answer to an important question: Do our children need preschool, or is kindergarten enough to prepare them for a life of learning?
Sherry Maples, a Jefferson City public school kindergarten teacher, encourages preschool and suggests taking advantage of ....
More like this story
- PAT program offers resource for parents, young children
- New Bloomfield schools take control over preschool program
- Grants to give Fulton schools new books, technology
- Fulton early childhood program aims to prepare students for learning
- Setting Children Up For Success: Laying foundation for a child's development
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting