Another celeb banished from ’Dancing’ ballroom
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
NEW YORK (AP) — Romeo is saying goodbye to the “Dancing With the Stars” ballroom.
The actor and rapper (once known as Lil’ Romeo) was dismissed Tuesday from the ABC dance contest.
Romeo’s exit was somewhat of a surprise for those who expected rival Ralph Macchio to get the hook after a leg injury hurt his performances on Monday’s edition.
After learning his fate, Romeo said the show had changed his life. He explained that before he entered the competition, “I was terrified of dancing. I didn’t even dance at my own prom.”
On Monday, Romeo had won praise from judge Len Goodman, who reminded him that a week earlier, “I said to you, ’Up your game,’ and that’s just what you have done.”
Judges’ scores are combined with viewer votes to determine which celebrity is ousted each week. Romeo joins previously dismissed dancers Chris Jericho, Sugar Ray Leonard, Wendy Williams, Mike Catherwood, Petra Nemcova and Kendra Wilkinson.
The remaining contestants — Macchio, along with Kirstie Alley, Chelsea Kane and Hines Ward — will battle it out in next week’s semifinals.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting