Cole County eligible for federal disaster aid for blizzard
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Cole County will be one of 59 counties in Missouri to get federal disaster assistance to help with costs associated from the snowstorms that hit in late January and early February.
Wednesday’s declaration means governments and certain not-for-profit groups may seek federal aid to help defray the cost of emergency activities such as removing snow and repairing or replacing storm-damaged facilities.
More like this story
- Gov. Nixon’s request for major disaster declaration for blizzard granted by President Obama
- Obama declares disaster for Mo. snow storm
- Governor requests federal assistance to help with local and state snow removal costs
- Kan., Mo. could be hit by disaster aid fight
- Nixon seeks to add Camden County to disaster declaration
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting