History day to honor Civil War anniversary
Thursday, March 10, 2011
FULTON, Mo. — The 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War will be observed Saturday with an event for children at the Callaway County Public Library.
The fourth annual Civil War Living History Day will be from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at the library.
“Because of this 150th anniversary, our program this year will put special emphasis on the events in Missouri during 1861,” said Martin Northway, chairman of the Kingdom of Callaway Civil War Heritage.
More like this story
- Civil War sesquicentennial to be observed Saturday
- Celebration for 150th anniversary of creation of ‘Kingdom of Callaway’ set for Sept. 30
- Moore’s Mill panel dedication to feature meal, local communities
- Library events to mark 150th anniversary of Civil War
- Re-enactors offer visitors a taste of Civil War history