Tebbetts community picnic starts today
Friday, June 24, 2011
TEBBETTS, Mo. — A tradition that started in 1948 continues as the community gears up for its annual picnic. The Tebbetts Community Picnic will run today through Sunday and will feature a variety of food and festivities.
The event is a fundraiser for the Tebbetts Community Hall, where the picnic has been held since 1951. Larry Languell, organizer, said people come from all over the area to attend. He encourages them to come out for some good food and entertainment.
Food will be served from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. each day; the menu will include barbecue mutton, pork steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs and fish. Bingo will begin at 2 p.m. all three days.
As in past years, Languell will have his model steamboats on display. There will be a beer stand, raffles and contests each day. Miniature car rides for children will be available.
From noon to 6 p.m., the Kingdom of Callaway Historical Society will be showing a slideshow of historical pictures of the south county communities. At 4 p.m. Saturday, there will be a washer tournament.
More like this story
- Tebbetts Community Picnic starts today, runs through Sunday
- Tebbetts Picnic tradition continues this weekend, fiddling contest back again
- Tebbetts picnic pays tribute to Burre with return of fiddler’s contest
- Tebbetts dinners continue to support community building
- Tebbetts Fiddling contest a success after 15-year absence
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting