Nixon requests another disaster declaration
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri’s governor has asked President Barack Obama to issue a major disaster declaration for 23 northern counties hit by severe storms and flooding along the Missouri River.
The disaster request announced Monday by Gov. Jay Nixon covers events since June 1.
Counties included in the request are Adair, Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Carroll, Chariton, Clark, Holt, Howard, Knox, Lafayette, Lewis, Linn, Macon, Marion, Monroe, Platte, Ralls, Ray, St. Charles, Saline, Shelby and Sullivan.
More like this story
- 6 Missouri counties part of latest disaster declaration
- Gov. Nixon’s request for major disaster declaration for blizzard granted by President Obama
- 20 northern Missouri counties receive disaster declaration from September storms
- Nixon seeks federal disaster declaration
- Mo. governor seeks federal disaster declaration
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting