Window dressing: Those portals to your home are getting a new treatment
Sunday, July 24, 2011
We spoke to a few local interior designers to learn about the latest trends in window treatments. They agreed less is more.
“In the ’80s and ’90s, there were these big dramatic window treatments in these big stately houses, but we’ve moved away from that,” said Angie Zimmerman, interior designer with Signature Homes.
“Now we live in a day and age in which everyone wants to bring the outdoors in, so covering the view with big window treatments is not popular,” she continued.
Instead, designers are seeing clients want minimalistic shades, blinds and curtains that let in a view of the outdoors.
Sherry Fitzpatrick agreed. “People have ....
More like this story
- Bold jumpsuits, statement accessories make holiday outfits sparkle
- Feds rescind White River's Blueway designation
- In Jobs’ second act with Apple, a dramatic revival
- Family photos don’t have to be cheesy, local experts say
- Going up? Osage administrative staff shares tales from the OMS penthouse suite
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting