Vacation Bible Schools use new techniques to teach old lesson
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Rene Miserez’s basement is full of life-sized, adorable animal characters. Furry buffalo, pandas and other cheerful creatures are reminiscent of the eight years passed, when Miserez has led volunteers on long work days to trace, saw, sand and paint plywood sheets to become these story-telling figures.
At Central United Church of Christ, Vacation Bible School (VBS) is often the highlight of the year for children. And it draws a lot of youths from the surrounding neighborhood, who don’t otherwise attend church, Miserez said.
The pandas will add a cuteness factor to this year’s VBS theme of “Pandamania: Where God is Wild About You.”
More like this story
- California United Church of Christ Experiences Pandamania During VBS
- Lake Ozark Christian Church holds Vacation Bible School
- Children Learn "Everything is Possible With God" at California United Church of Christ "Sky" VBS
- Big Apple Adventure Vacation Bible School Held at Oakland Bapitst Church
- Friendship Bapitst Church Goes on Big Apple Adventure during VBS