Apartment fire blamed on electrical trouble

An electrical problem has been cited as the cause of a fire Monday evening at an apartment four-plex in Jefferson City.

Officials with the Jefferson City Fire Department said the fire was reported around 5:39 p.m. at 3820 Candlelight Drive.

Volunteers with the American Red Cross Capital Area chapter are assisting a family of four after the fire left them homeless.

Read additional details in our newspaper or e-Edition. Newspaper subscribers: Click on an e-Edition article and log in using your current account information at no extra charge. For e-edition help, e-mail circ@newstribune.com. Click here to purchase the full version of archived articles.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments