Local veteran values the integral role of military spouses
Monday, August 29, 2011
Service in the armed forces can be sprinkled with hardships such as deployment and family separation. Fortunately, in the case of local veteran Travis Mobley, the support of his wife has helped him retain a positive outlook during an unexpected career journey.
“When you are deployed, it is very difficult to maintain a positive perspective, but everyone was very supportive,” he added. “The care packages helped and I was fortunately able to visit with my wife and kids about once a week via web cam.”
And even though the soldier is now putting the finishing touches on a career that at one time did not appear to be on his radar, he remains proud of his decision and acknowledges the important role his wife has played in balancing military obligations with the family’s home life.
More like this story
- Service of father and spouse help define local veteran
- Guardsman gains financial stability for family through military service
- Callaway County United Way adds new board members
- Marine Corps service prepares Lenger for career in National Guard
- Veteran shares the lessons of patience gained through deployments
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting