Fire blamed on cigarette
Monday, October 25, 2010
A discarded cigarette apparently caused a small fire Sunday afternoon at a Jefferson City residence.
According to fire department reports, the fire at 411 E. Capitol Ave. was called in around 3:15 p.m. Police officers reported smoke and flames coming from the basement of the building.
When crews arrived they were able to put out the fire within a few minutes. Most of the damage was contained to an area around the door of the basement in the rear of the structure.
Fire fighters did have to ventilate smoke out of the rest of the structure. No injuries were reported.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting