Parts of lake expressway opening this week
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Construction crews are making progress on a portion of the new U.S. 54 Expressway through the Lake of the Ozarks, and motorists traveling through the area can expect some changes beginning this week.
If weather permits, portions of the expressway between the Osage River in Miller County and the Grand Glaize Bridge in Camden County will open to traffic during the evening and overnight hours Thursday. Opening the expressway includes the following changes for motorists in the area:
- Eastbound lanes of the new expressway will open from the Osage River Bridge to the Grand Glaize Bridge.
- Westbound lanes of the new expressway will open from the Bagnell Dam Boulevard/Business 54 interchange to the Grand Glaize Bridge.
- The new interchanges at Passover Road, Osage Beach Parkway/Missouri 42 and Bagnell Dam Boulevard/Business 54 will open to traffic.
- In order to complete tieins for the new expressway to the Grand Glaize Bridge, the eastbound Grand Glaize Bridge will handle two lanes of eastbound traffic and one westbound lane for motorists traveling on 54.
- Motorists traveling westbound on the existing route will have one westbound lane on the westbound Grand Glaize Bridge.
- Tie-in roadways at the Grand Glaize Bridge will take approximately 30 days to complete.
- Tie-ins at the Osage River Bridge in Miller County will take approximately one week to complete.
- Motorists traveling on the new expressway should use the new interchanges to access businesses along the existing routes.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting