Gift-filled shoe boxes being collected
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Organizers hope more than 1,200 shoe boxes full of toys, clothing, hygiene items and school supplies will soon head out from Jefferson City to children in more than 100 impoverished countries.
Operation Christmas Child collected more than 7,000 gift-filled shoe boxes from Mid-Missouri last year.
As a drop-off location, Capital City Christian Church collected 1,071 shoe boxes last year, and this year hopes to collect more than 1,200.
Then Samaritan’s Purse will distribute them to more than 8 million kids in more than 100 countries suffering from natural disaster, war, terrorism, disease, famine and poverty. The local collection ends after the last drop-off time from 2-4 p.m. Sunday.
More like this story
- California Residents Join Operation Christmas Child
- Community invited to pack shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child Oct. 19
- Tornado sparks influx of donations to Joplin
- The Lake Today’s ‘Sharing in the Community’ Anniversary Food Drive ends today
- Locals shop back-to-school sales for needy children
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting