The Capital Mall property will be split into multiple plots of land.
The Jefferson City Council approved a request Monday to take the plat — or plot of land — along West Truman Boulevard and divide it into three plats.
Paul Sampson, with Central Missouri Professional Services, previously said the change will align with each building residing on its own property.
The lot in question includes the current Pizza Hut building and the Starbucks under construction.
The change puts the two on separate plots. It also creates a third plot, behind the two buildings, which is currently not developed.
The Council also approved a variance, or exemption, to a rule that requires all properties to have street access. The third plot doesn't have it.
However, everything within the mall is run by the same master development agreement, which includes using the same parking lots.
Essentially, Sampson said, all properties are accessible through the parking lot.
Last year, the Capital Mall went through the same process for the building that used to hold Sears but is now home to Citi Trends. While still part of Capital Mall, it sits on its own piece of property.
In previous years, Capital Mall did the same thing for the plots where Wendy's, Sweet Smoke BBQ and JC Penney are.
City Council members voted to:
- Declare four police vehicles, six parks vehicles and one parks tractor as surplus property and authorizing the disposition of it by sale.
- Approve Clarke Power, of St. Louis, for three years of general maintenance. The bid includes work at fire stations 4, 5 and 2, parking garage, several sewer pump stations and City Hall.
- Cancel special tax liens to the tune of $48,814 related to 311 Cherry St.
- Establish election dates and candidate filing period for the 2022 municipal elections.
- Amend the 2021-22 budget to include Sales Tax H.
- Assign the names of "Patriot Drive" and "Lion Way" to private streets near Lawson Elementary and Thomas Jefferson Middle schools.
- Authorize an application for Historic Preservation Fund grant for phase 3 of a West Main Street survey.
- Authorizing an application for Historic Preservation Fund grant for design guidelines.