A Cole County home will have to be demolished after a fire Tuesday night.
Firefighters responded to the fire in the 4800 block of Angelia Court at 8:13 p.m. Tuesday, according to a Regional West Fire Protection District report.
Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the structure. Authorities were told the residents were out, but one dog and two cats were still inside.
Two fire crews entered with thermal imaging cameras, finding heavy fire in the kitchen. A fire attack was initiated while a search was conducted for the pets. The fire was knocked down, and all three pets were located. With help from Cole County EMS, all three survived.
The fire started in the kitchen in the area of the stove. The kitchen suffered heavy fire damage, and there was smoke damage through the house.