Twenty potential medical marijuana facilities applied for state licenses in Cole County, with 18 of those intended to be located in Jefferson City and two in Osage City, according to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
In November, Missouri voters approved Amendment 2, which legalized medical marijuana with a 4 percent sales tax to go toward the Missouri Veterans Commission.
By the Aug. 19 application deadline, DHSS had received 2,163 applications for medical marijuana facilities — 554 cultivation facilities, 1,163 dispensary facilities, 415 manufacturing facilities, 17 testing facilities and 14 transportation facilities.
The Cole County applications include four for infused product manufacturers, seven for cultivators, one for a testing laboratory and eight for dispensaries.
Neighboring Callaway County's 20 applications included locations in Fulton, Portland, Kingdom City and New Bloomfield. DHSS received 67 applications for Boone County facilities and 16 for Miller County. No applications were listed as received for Osage and Moniteau counties.
Applicants in Jefferson City include:
- Columbia Care MO LLC, 207 Militia Drive, infused product manufacturer and cultivator.
- CanMed Labs LLC, 1616 Industrial Drive, testing laboratory.
- 7 Point Farms LLC, 6635 Julia Drive, cultivator.
- 7 Point Farms LLC, 6611 Julia Drive, cultivator.
- 7 Point Farms LLC, 6603 Julia Drive, cultivator.
- Mule Products LLC, 6603 Julia Drive, infused product manufacturer.
- Black Fox Manufacturing, LLC, 6611 Julia Drive, infused product manufacturer.
- GTI Missouri LLC, 1917 Christy Drive, dispensary.
- Missouri Health & Wellness LLC, 1406 Missouri Blvd., dispensary.
- Premium Medicine of Missouri LLC, 711 W. McCarty St., dispensary.
- 9 Points LLC, 1708 Missouri Blvd., dispensary.
- Verano MO LLC, 3535 Missouri Blvd., dispensary.
- HCKC LLC, 3314 W. Truman Blvd., dispensary.
- Certified Alternative Medicine Providers, 2106 Missouri Blvd., dispensary.
- Shangri-La Jefferson LLC, 1417 Missouri Blvd., dispensary.
In Osage City, Seven Points Agro-Therapeutics MO LLC at 2416 Route J applied for a cultivator's license and an infused product manufacturer's license.
Some areas of Missouri saw more applications than others.
Jackson County, which includes Kansas City, had 298 applicants. On the other side of the state, St. Louis County had 333 applicants, with the city of St. Louis pulling in another 174. Other counties with high numbers of applications include Greene County with 100 and Clay County with 97.
DHSS will license 60 cultivation facilities, 192 dispensaries, 86 manufacturing facilities and 10 testing laboratory facilities. Applications have to be approved or denied within 150 of the application submission date.
The application period started Aug. 3, meaning the first deadline will be Dec. 31. Applications will be scored using a blind scoring method from a third party.
On the web:
More information about medical marijuana regulations can be found on the DHSS website.