Today's Edition Local Missouri National World Opinion Obits Sports GoMidMo Events Classifieds Newsletters Contests Special Sections Jobs
story.lead_photo.caption Michael Bouchee Photo by Jefferson City Police Department
Deangelo Frazier
Photo by Jefferson City Police Department

A Jefferson City man was indicted this week by the Cole County grand jury on charges in connection with the shooting death of a Lincoln University student in December.

Michael Bouchee, 19, is charged with second-degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon and armed criminal action.

A second man, DeAngelo Frazier Jr., 29, of Jefferson City, was indicted by the grand jury in May for second-degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon and armed criminal action in the case.

The indictments state the grand jury found there was enough evidence to send the cases to the circuit courts for possible trial.

In December, Bouchee and Frazier each were charged with involvement in drug activities during the same time and location where D'Angelo Bratton-Bland, 23, was killed.

Bratton-Bland was the Student Government Association president at Lincoln University.

Bouchee and Frazier each are charged with one count of delivery of a controlled substance in the drug case.

Officers were called the night of Dec. 11 to the 200 block of Dawson Street for a weapons offense, according to Jefferson City Police Department probable cause statements. When they arrived, officers found more than 20 spent shell casings outside 208 Dawson St.

A short time later, officers stopped a vehicle that had been seen leaving the area where the shooting occurred. Four people were inside the vehicle, one of them being Bratton-Bland, who had been shot. He was rushed to University Hospital in Columbia and later died from his injuries.

Authorities said Bratton-Bland was a victim who did nothing to contribute to his fatal shooting. They believed he was walking in the area at the time.

Back at 208 Dawson St., investigators conducted interviews with witnesses who all placed Bouchee at the residence during the shooting. Furthermore, police said the witnesses identified Bouchee as having a handgun and pointing the weapon at the end of the street where Bratton-Bland and others where standing by cars parked on East Capitol Avenue when the shooting occurred.

Frazier was also at 208 Dawson St., according to witnesses, who said he had a "Baby AR Rifle" at the time of the shooting.

Witnesses further told officers Frazier had made comments about a car driving slowly by the household.

D'Angelo Bratton-Bland
Photo by News Tribune/News Tribune.

Witnesses allegedly said Bouchee and Frazier then went downstairs on the porch and began to point the weapons at the end of the street while yelling at Bratton-Bland and others standing on East Capitol Avenue.

On the night of the shooting, officers obtained warrants to search the residence. They allegedly found 108 grams of marijuana separated in four cellophane bags, numerous electronic scales and a large amount of small cellophane bags, which authorities said could be used to package narcotics.

Frazier later went to the police department for an interview with investigators, where he allegedly admitted he lives at 208 Dawson St. and he was present when the shooting took place. He said he fled a short time after the shooting occurred.

A search of Frazier's phone revealed "numerous" videos of using and advertising marijuana for sale.

Court records show Frazier has several prior convictions for narcotics and was on probation for unlawful possession of a firearm at the time he was charged in the drug case.

Authorities interviewed Bouchee on Dec. 14. He denied he lived at 208 Dawson St. but allegedly admitted to having several personal items at the residence.

Authorities got a warrant to search Bouchee's phone and found photographs and videos using and advertising marijuana for sale. Other interviews with Bouchee placed him at the residence at the time of the shooting.

Frazier has been incarcerated on other charges in the Missouri Department of Corrections.

Bouchee was arrested in Texas in January by members of a U.S. Marshal's Task Force in the Dallas/Arlington area. He was arrested on an outstanding warrant after he had fled Missouri to avoid prosecution.

COMMENTS - It looks like you're using Internet Explorer, which isn't compatible with our commenting system. You can join the discussion by using another browser, like Firefox or Google Chrome.
It looks like you're using Microsoft Edge. Our commenting system is more compatible with Firefox and Google Chrome.