Helias Catholic High School will be celebrating a "Saders Got the Groove" Homecoming this week.
Students will enjoy spirit days structured around the culture and icons of the 1980s, including:
• Funky Fresh Day, wear mixed-matched clothing.
• "Golden Girls" Day, dress like old people.
• "Footloose" Day, wear non-uniform shoes, fun socks and homecoming shirts.
• Dynamic Duos Day, dress like pairs from the '80s.
• Saders Got the Groove Throwback Friday, wear Helias Catholic shirts from previous years.
Throughout the week, students will also experience 80s-themed activities, like 1980s trivia and "Guess that teacher from the '80s," along with treats like doughnuts, ice cream, popsicles, waffles and ice cream sandwiches.
Helias Catholic will host a Powderpuff game at 6 p.m. today at Ray Hentges Stadium.
On Thursday, it will have a Homecoming Parade at 6:30 p.m. in downtown Jefferson City.
There will be an assembly at noon Friday, and then the football game against Rock Bridge kicks off at 7 p.m. at Ray Hentges Stadium.
The Homecoming Dance is from 7-10 p.m. Saturday in the Helias Catholic Auxiliary Gym.
UPDATE: This article was edited at 10:47 a.m. Sept. 21, 2022, to remove a reference to fireworks originally planned at Crusader Athletic Complex following the Helias Homecoming Parade. The fireworks event will not be held, according to a school spokesperson.