At its regular meeting earlier this month in Jefferson City, the Missouri Conservation Commission set the dates for the 2015 firearms turkey and deer hunting seasons.
Firearms turkey season dates are:
• Spring youth season: April 11-12
• Regular spring season: April 20 through May 10
• Fall firearms season: Oct. 1-31
Firearms deer season dates are:
• Urban portion: Oct. 9-12
• Early youth portion: Oct. 31 and Nov. 1
• November portion: Nov. 14-24
• Antlerless portion: Nov. 25 through Dec. 6
• Alternative-methods portion: Dec. 19-29
• Late youth portion: Jan. 2-3, 2016
The 2015 Archery Deer and Turkey Season is set by the Wildlife Code of Missouri to run Sept. 15 through Jan. 15, 2016, excluding the November portion of deer season, Nov. 14-24.
Full details of 2015 deer and turkey hunting regulations will be published on the Conservation Department website, www.mdc.mo.gov, and in hunting regulation guides available from hunting permit vendors statewide before the seasons.