"He took the gun with him in his coat pocket — and his hand on the trigger — when he went into the restaurant."
Sounds very premeditated to me.
If the gun was double action, meaning it requires a full trigger pull to fire the first shot, that defense is out the window on day one. Either way, I've never known any gun to fire simply by striking it on a table. It still requires the trigger to be pulled, not just vibrated. However, the goal of a defense attorney is to prove reasonable doubt, not innocence.
If the thugs happen to be of a certain race......so be it.
I believe the people from the grave can do a far better job of ruling than the Missouri legislature.
@Moe Lifer thanks for the info, never knew how this thing operated past 1:30am. Any reputable business owner would not want this type of thing happening at their business and would take aggressive steps to stop it. Clearly, the city council needs to legislate a way to prevent this type of scenario from operating in the city and then prosecute the owner. I can't believe this doesn't fall under some type of public nuisance ordinance. Not to mention drunk in public.
ACTIONS NOT WORDS!
1) I'm happy to hear there was an officer in the area patrolling. In the past it seems this area was not covered well by the JCPD.
2) Eventually, the police WILL be investigating serious injuries and/or homicides - plural
3) Stray bullets may end up hitting property in the West Main/BelAir area.
4) The answer to this problem my lie within State liquor control laws.
5) The city council needs to study what other towns have done to address this issue. Clearly this business is a public nuisance.
6) The council spent countless hours to control a strip club, a sex shop, and tattoo parlors, none of which involve gun shots. Are their priorities misquided?
Because my avatar has TEETH! :-)
The gas chamber I'm proposing is so toxic to humans that it literally works to stop breathing within seconds and can be mixed so that ONE breath will do you in. A bullet to the head is cheaper but does not guarantee instant death. Especially if someone flinches.
Last login: today
© 2013 News Tribune Publishing.