Jefferson City parks director to retire August 28, 2015
Troop F patrolman dies in line of duty August 28, 2015
Now that your account is set up, Please sign in and sign up to receive Breaking News and other Alerts of your choice.
Richard Mooney our Operation Lifesaver guy is ex-MoDOT so-called railroad safety department. He could care less about railroad safety and this position is only a pay check for him.
Please remove your jury tampering """trespassers""" statement. There are no court documents proving anyone was trespassing. There is plenty of evidence the railroads do nothing to secure their tracks.
Things a REAL railroad Operation Lifesaver (OL) group would ask!!!
1. Why are all OL directors handpuppets of the railroad or government only giving lip service safety messages?
2. Why nothing is ever mentioned by OL that would cost the railroads a penny on the obviously missing safety equipment and track maintenance work?
3. Where are the crossing safety signals for the trains going too fast with no brakes or steering at 1,000s of crossings?
4. Where are the track video monitors for the trains going too fast with no brakes or steering to get the train stopped IN TIME?
5. Why aren't railroads paying at least half for crossing signals because it's their trains going too fast with no brakes or steering while paying the so-called RR directors millions a year.
6. Why the crossing humps trapping big trucks aren't required to be removed?
7. Why the crossing surfaces aren't wider where if a vehicle fish tails on slick road and is trapped at the edge of the crossing surface trap?
8. Why the train cabs aren't required to be lit up like a Christmas tree with emergency vehicle light bars? LOOK AND SEE!!
9. Why the front of trains aren't required to have air bags or something to soften impacts?
10. Why trains don't have better braking systems? OLIs message now shows train brakes obviously suck.
11. Why there are no bidding invitations on the obviously overcharged crossing projects the tax-payers pay the railroads for. $10,000 just to get the equipment to the sight. TRUCKED IN.
12. Why trains are allowed to run in the fog?
13. Why the crossings aren't lit up so drivers can see the black rail cars across the tracks at night?
14. Why railroads remove and steal signals we paid for on closed re-worked crossings?
15. Why $$$millions$$$ of the rail safety budget we pay in is wasted on needless reworks at crossings preventing signals where needed?
16. Why the railroad isn't required to de-ice crossings before they roll the trains?
17. Why the railroad isn't required to raise their overpasses so big trucks can get under them? The railroad wants to double stack and our road overpasses are too low---no problem WE PAY MILLIONS.
18. Why drug/alcohol tests aren't done on rail crews at crossing/pedestrian collisions?
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting
Last login: Saturday, August 11, 2012
Copyright © 2015, CMNI.
All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Central Missouri Newspapers Inc.
Material from the Associated Press is Copyright © 2010, Associated
Press and may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall
not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or
redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP
materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for
personal and noncommercial use. The AP will not be held liable for any
delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the
transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages
arising from any of the foregoing. All rights reserved.
© 2015 News Tribune Publishing.