Breaking News

2 suspects in custody after social media threat at Eldon High School August 29, 2014

Photo detail

First responders stand outside Panera Bread’s store at the Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington Long Island, New York late Saturday. Police say a 55-year-old restaurant manager has died and more than two dozen others were taken to hospitals after being overcome by carbon monoxide at the New York mall. A Suffolk County police spokesman identified the man who died Saturday as Steven Nelson. The 28 others affected by carbon monoxide were taken to area hospitals.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Faulty pipe led to NY mall carbon monoxide leak

A faulty water heater flue pipe caused the carbon monoxide leak that killed a New York restaurant manager and sent more than two dozen people to hospitals, a fire official said Sunday.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

News Tribune - comments